Redwood City Drunk Driving Defense Lawyer
Vigorously Defending Clients for More Than 20 Years in San Francisco
Shelley D. Dwyer is a respected lecturer and criminal defense lawyer with more than 20 years of experience. She vigorously protects clients' constitutional rights when facing DUI/DWI and other serious charges.
Attorney Dwyer has defended clients in more than 150 jury trials — and she has the experience to protect your rights. Contact a Redwood City drunk driving defense attorney today at 650-367-8500 to schedule a free initial consultation.
Redwood City drunk driving defense attorney Shelley Dwyer has handled thousands of DUI/DWI defense cases over the past 20 years. She carefully reviews evidence obtained against clients, working to exclude illegally obtained evidence.
- DUI penalties — Penalties for drinking and driving can include license suspension, fines, and jail time. If you have been charged with DUI, you need an experienced attorney.
- Blood alcohol content — You could be charged for drunk driving, even if your blood alcohol content is found less than.08 percent. Whether you are pulled over by university police or in another state, take the charges seriously.
- Breathalyzer tests — There may be many ways to challenge the results of a breath test. Attorney Dwyer can help you explore those options.
- Implied consent — As a condition of being issued a California driver's license, you must agree to take a blood or breath test if arrested for a DUI.
- Ignition interlock devices — You may be required to install an ignition interlock device (IID) on your car if you have been convicted of DUI/DWI — even for a first offense in some counties.
- Alternatives to jail — Attorney Dwyer is an experienced negotiator, working for community service, work release, or another alternative sentence instead of jail time.
- DUI under 21 — California DMV has a "zero tolerance" policy with respect to drivers under the age of 21 and the courts will charge you with DUI if less than .08 BAC.
- Felony DUI — A felony DUI charge is related to injury involving alcohol or other drugs, or a fourth DUI charge within 10 years.
The DMV will automatically suspend your driver's license after a DUI arrest. Attorney Dwyer will request to preserve your driving ability pending a hearing. You have only 10 days to request a hearing before the automatic suspension goes into effect.
- DUI license suspension — Refusing a chemical test on your first offense will result in an administrative license suspension of one year with no possibility of work restriction.
- Commercial driver's licenses — If you are facing a DUI charge, the DMV will take your commercial driving privileges away unless you present an effective defense to the charge.
Other Serious Crimes
Attorney Dwyer has built a reputation as an aggressive lawyer. This gives her clients an advantage in plea bargains and negotiations. She vigorously defends her clients from felony, drug charges, and other serious allegations.
- Sexual assault — Ms. Dwyer's job is to make sure your rights are protected. She defends you with an aggressive approach.
- Assault and battery — If you have been accused of any crime, from petty theft, drunk driving to murder, you need an experienced criminal defense lawyer.
- White collar crimes — If you are charged with embezzlement, wire fraud, credit card fraud, or corruption, attorney Dwyer will fight to minimize the accusations against you.
Contact a San Mateo DUI/DWI Attorney Today
Attorney Dwyer is ready to mount an experienced defense for you. Contact her law firm today at 650-367-8500 to schedule a free initial consultation.